Sunday, December 20, 2009

From Friday

One of my favorite moments of my day is when I pick up C from school, today especially. All of the kids at at her school (less than 100) where in their library singing holiday songs. I could hear them finishing as I approached the room. Just as I walked up, all of the preschoolers streamed out of the room. I saw her before she saw me and could see that she had a serious, searching look on her face. When our eyes connected her face became peaceful and happy. She ran up to me, as she always does and jumped into my arms for a big hug and kiss. Those three minutes are the most important minutes of my day, they are why I am a mom. I am there, she knows I will be and we both rejoice in that certainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment