
Got C's class photo today. She is such a gorgeous child, curious, thoughtful and funny. I adore the conversations I can have with her now and I never could have dreamed the amazing person she is. She sparkles, twinkles and radiates joy. I am constantly telling her all of these things. So, you can imagine how troubling it is for me to hear her say that she wants to put on face paints so that she can be, 'more beautiful' Oh, it almost makes me flinch. Have I failed her already? How did she get a hold of the thought that she needs to be 'more beautiful'? I don't understand it and I'm hoping that it's innocuous. I can't remember what I say when she asks me why I am putting on make-up (which isn't very often), but I will choose my words carefully next time. What is really humorous about the whole thing is that she will paint her entire face yellow, circle her eyes in black and pull a Cortney Love on her lips. Beauty, in the eyes of the beholder...

No comments:
Post a Comment