Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Regression. Me, not them.
I have become a teenager again. Granted, I make sure the kids eat breakfast, lunch and dinner including organic fruits and veggies, good healthy food. That they have clean clothes, usually not folded but clean. Their home is untidy and a little cluttered but is a cozy and safe nest. I have a job, I pay rent, car insurance, phone and tuition. Their emotional well being always comes first, they go to an incredible school, snuggles and reading at bedtime are never sacrificed. But, I have let things slide in the last month that I had a tight grip on for most of the year. I freaking let the dishes go. Ugh, I hate admitting that one. It seems so simple a task to complete but I don't care about it right now. I was folding and putting away clothes as they came out of the dryer. There is a pile on the couch that's been there, I think a week. Today, I didn't make my bed, first time in a year. I'm thinking more about boys than about opening mail. Talking on the phone and texting instead of tackling the "paperwork to do" list. I fully immerse myself in the weekends the kids are with their dad. I am a single woman, dating and having fun. And, when I return to my mom life, I feel just a little behind the ball instead of ahead of the game. It's a strange feeling to be living a life of an adult and a teenager, simultaneously.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment