This is different. I am choosing this time, and know that the kids are ready and can communicate their needs. They have a schedule they can count on, a dedicated and present daddy and so many friends that love them and will support them if they feel sad or miss me.
So, now, me going out into the world without the kids physically attached to me. Time to linger, change my mind, sleep, talk for hours if I want to , experiencing and interacting without automatically filtering it through my brain, wondering how they will react or absorb it. There is a small piece of me that is still holding onto guilt, but I've grown and returned back to myself in this last year to know, I need to do it anyway. I can let go and know they feel my love at the very depths of their selves and I will be back. I can't wait for it all, every bit of this experience, leaving, being there and coming home.

No comments:
Post a Comment