Saturday, January 23, 2010

Untitled

First, I was genuinely too busy to sit down and write about what was going on in our lives. The time between November and December whooshes past in a gale force of birthdays, holidays, festivities, baking, presents and a long break that I think I can use to get caught up, but never do. The highlights during that time were our visit up to the bay area to celebrate my niece's and E's birthday, spending Thanksgiving in Monterey Bay and visiting the aquarium, taking C to see the Nutcracker (she sat there with her hands clasped together and stared in awe!) and Christmas morning.

I have learned a few lessons about how I want to approach that time of the year. E's birthday (November, 23rd) gets lost in the mix and I want to make him more of a focus instead of a typical Thanksgiving celebration. I enjoy doing crafts and making presents for our friends and family and need to begin them sooner. I may or may not continue to bake cookies for presents depending on my how my struggle with sugar is at that moment in time. If I do, it will be one type in smaller containers. And, while there a few other nit picky things that bug me about the holidays and everything that goes into pulling off a joyous season, I'm going to leave it at that.

Moving on to the next post...



No comments:

Post a Comment